About The Lodge of The Three Graces
The Lodge of The Three Graces Number 408
Our Lodge (originally 506) held its first recorded meeting on the 15th of September 1792.
However the first meeting of which we have detailed records however took place some years later on the 7th July 1806 at the Black Bull Public House at the top of Haworth's Main Street.
At this time the Reverend Patrick Bronte, perpetual curate of the St. Michael and All Angels Church in Haworth. His son Branwell Bronte, brother to the more famous sisters Charlotte, Emily and Anne was proposed and accepted into the Three Graces Masonic Lodge then situated at Lodge Street in Haworth. On June 12th 1837 he became the Lodge Secretary, his last lodge meeting was in 1842.
Our current Lodge premises stand on Mill Hey purchased from Merrel and Son LTD on the 25th of May 1907 for a little over £85.
The first sod was cut on the 27th of May 1907 by WB J.W.Parker. On the 14th of December the Lodge records it's first official meeting in the new premises.
Picture to the right is the newly refurbished Lodge hall, available to hire for a variety of functions and events. Contact our Lodge Secretary here for further details